Here we go.

30 April 2012

DISAPPEARS

Oh, man.  We went to Memphis last night to see DISAPPEARS (w/ Lotus Plaza* opening) @ the Hi-Tone and the negative side of seeing a really amazing show is that you wonder how long** it'll be before the next good gig comes along and how far*** will you have to travel to get there.                       C U R S E S !


So, DISAPPEARS are terrific live.  They performed nearly all of my favorites tracks and threw in a Suicide cover!  It was so boss & I needed it.  Because it was a Sunday night, there weren't too many people in attendance, so we got to comfortably chat up a couple of the fellas.  Let it be known that Steve Shelley is a fucking sweetheart.  Brian Case?  Ultra polite.  Find a way to go see them.  You can get their LP here.


7e23c436


I'm really into Chicago right now.  There's a lot of good noise radiating from there:


COFFIN PRICKS
E+
DISAPPEARS
...to name a few.


* Because Lockett lost his voice, Lotus Plaza played an improv set, which was quite good, but shorter than we expected.  They, at times, reminded me of Acid Mothers Temple and ATM of Spacemen 3.  Groovy.  I'd definitely go see them again.
** Ty Segall/23 May
*** White Water Tavern, Little Rock.  O.k., o.k., I'll concede that a proper one gets booked occasionally.  At best, bi-annually.

No comments:

Blog Archive